Two things travel incredibly fast around Facebook: screenshots and rumors. Research
• Facebook is removing people from groups! (Unverified)
• Like this post so Facebook doesn’t remove you from my page or group! (Unverified)
• Everyone quick change your group category so your customers still see you! (Resulted in tons of people leaving groups they forgot they were in)
• Quick, everyone post the “legal notice” saying Facebook can’t use your personal information! (Directly contradictory to Facebook’s terms of service)
• Share this post because Facebook will donate $1 to a sick baby for every share! (Really?)
Unverified, inaccurate, fostering fear, preying on emotions. Following the herd is not always the best method. If something smells weird, it probably is. Do your own homework, research reputable articles or sites. We will answer questions as best we can, but we aren’t Facebook either. We do our research the same way – reading sites, finding multiple authorities to substantiate the information. Knowledge is power, friends.
Interested in learning more tips for your direct sales business? Come on over and join the Socialite Suite on Facebook!