If you are a direct sales consultant, you are always looking for an edge – way to stand out from other consultants in your brand. A domain redirect is an easy and inexpensive way to do just that. Whether you conduct business via your company’s replicated website, or via a different channel such as a Facebook group or page, this is a super easy process.
(Note: This post contains affiliate links. You can see my full affiliate disclosure HERE.)
So instead of your business website being brenda.yourcompany.com, your own domain brendasellsthings.com can redirect to your business website, thus creating a piece of intentional and consistent branding. Disclaimer: CHECK YOUR BRAND’S COMPLIANCE RULES BEFORE DOING THIS.
Step 1: Search for and select your chosen your domain name.
You can purchase a domain from any domain provider – but for the purposes of this example and procedure, we will be using Sassy Suite Web Services. When you get a domain, you will actually be renting it for a specified length of time, and will then have the opportunity to renew your domain when the term expires.
Step 2: You will have the opportunity to add Privacy Protection for a nominal rate.
Privacy protection will shield your name and contact information from public searches, and will prevent spammers and solicitors from contacting you, to offer web development services. Privacy protection is entirely optional. But forewarning, if you decline it, you will end up on email lists.
Step 3: Proceed through checkout.
You will select your length of term for your new domain registration.
4. After checkout, you will have the opportunity to decide what you want to do with this shiny new domain you just registered.
Choose “Connect to an existing site.”
5. You can connect it annnnnnnnywhere! If you are directing to your business replicated site, enter the URL at the bottom.
6. Bam. You just setup a domain redirect. It was literally that easy. Need the link again to get started? Here you go!
Ideas for your domain redirect:
- To a LinkTree or Campsite
- To your Facebook page or group
- To your business replicated website
- To any social channel
Examples of my business redirects:
- www.thesocialitesuite –> Public Facebook group
- www.brendaster.com –> Brenda’s LinkTree
- www.suitebrenda.com –> Brenda’s Campsite
- www.whoisbrenda.com –> Brenda’s LinkTree
- www.sassywebservices.com –> Web Services site (and the one we just setup in this procedure!)
Comment on this post and share your redirect once you have it setup. It’s so easy to add a big boost of professional presence for a very low cost!